You may think that whipped cream is just a delectable dessert, meant only for special occasions. In fact, whipped cream is nutritious! It is packed with healthy vitamins and minerals including vitamin A, D, E, K, as well as calcium and phosphorus. It can actually be a great choice for your diet as well, with a high-calorie count and only 36% fat.
Whipped cream can be used when making cakes, coffee, and other desserts. Simply add a dollop of the sweet, fluffy, delicious topping to improve any dessert!
Whipped cream can be easily made from scratch at home, there is a range of methods, some require using an electric beater, others can be done without an electric mixer and my preferred method is using a whipped cream dispenser with nitrous oxide cream chargers.
Let’s lay out some basics of whipped cream, and it’s even more beneficial (and professional) version: Nitrous Oxide (N2O) whipped cream.
What is whipped cream?
- Whipped cream is made from rapidly whipping heavy whipping cream using an electric mixer, a hand whisk, or a fork.
- The texture is soft, creamy, and fluffy, forming light peaks.
- It is often used as a sweetener in coffee, tea, and frosting, or as a topping on cakes and many other desserts.
- You can add flavoring to the cream such as vanilla (vanilla extract)
- Whipped cream is a relatively fatty food. However with it’s plethora of nutrients it can be a solid addition to your diet, as long as you use it in moderation.
Nutrition of whipped cream (based on one half cup of whipped cream)
- Calories: 400g
- Protien: 3g
- Fat: 43g
- Carbs: 3g
(vitamin/mineral percentages based on RDI/Recommended daily intake)
- Vitamin A: 35%
- Vitamin D: 10%
- Vitamin E: 7%
- Vitamin K: 3%
- Calcium: 7%
- Phosphorus: 7%
- Choline: 4%
Benefits of whipped cream
The benefits of whipped cream for your overall health are very extensive. Here are just a few of the known benefits based on the nutrition held within whipped cream:
- Helps in overall physical growth
- Assists in enlarging the red blood cells
- Contains vitamins and minerals such as calcium and phosphorus, which help keep bones healthy
- The saturated fat is good in helping prevent heart disease
- It can be used as an excellent energy boost
- Choline: which helps improve brain function and metabolism
- Vitamin A: great for eye health and your immune system
- Helpful in preventing kidney stones
Whipped cream is a great and delicious addition to any diet. If you want to improve the benefits, even more, you should look for NO2 whipped cream. There is a range of reasons why you may want to use a N2O whipped cream dispenser. The addition of nitrous oxide into the whipped cream promotes the growth of healthy bacteria, boosting the health benefits even more! Whipping cream makes it less dense (more fluffy) so that if you consume the same volume (not weight) you are consuming proportionately fewer calories than unwhipped cream (eating less), which can be healthier for you. Furthermore, whipped cream charger bulbs are relatively inexpensive compared to the time and effort saved and convenience that they provide.